Information for Local Businesses
There are two organisations for business owners within the Settle area; The North Craven Networking Group and The Settle District Chamber of Trade.
Information and Contact Details for both organisations are given below.
North Craven Networking Group
In October 2011 a small lunchtime business networking group started in Settle, this was originally aimed at home based workers but we now have nearly 200 businesses, charities, community groups and festivals on our list. The group has grown to cover a wider area and we now have members from Malhamdale, Ingleton, Bentham, Grassington, Skipton and Keighley.
There is an email newsletter which is sent out 3 or 4 times a month with meeting dates, local workshops, member offers and business news.
We hold free monthly lunchtime networking meetings which alternate between Mondays and Wednesdays. These events are very informal and we meet between 11.30am and 1pm in business premises in Settle and the surrounding areas. We also now hold monthly paid business breakfasts on the 4th Tuesday of the month at The Courtyard on A65 just outside Settle.
All meetings can be found on our Events page and advance booking is essential, other members events and local business workshops can also be found there.
It is currently free to join the mailing list and attend lunchtime meetings, we have introduced a small monthly charge if you would like to be featured on this website and promote your business or your events.
We work closely with the Settle Chamber of Trade, Federation of Small Businesses, Vibrant Settle, Do It In The Dales, Airedale Enterprise Services and other local business groups to provide networking opportunities, training and other events for all local businesses.
Settle District Chamber of Trade
The Settle District Chamber of Trade (SDCoT) is an organisation for owners and managers of businesses that are based within Settle and the surrounding villages.
The principle objective of the Chamber is:
‘TO CREATE AND SUSTAIN A SUPPORTIVE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT WITHIN WHICH MEMBER BUSINESSES CAN THRIVE’
In the furtherance of this objective the Chamber involves itself in the following activities:
- Campaigning on issues that the Chamber believes will enhance the vitality of the local economy
- Promoting Settle District as an attractive place to live, work and visit.
- Working with other local organisations to develop and maintain a community website
- Producing a newsletter to keep members informed on important local, regional and national issues.
- Providing help for members
- Organising Networking and Social Events for members
- Organising Business Briefings for members
- Working with other local organisations to organise community events
- Providing information, advice and support to individuals who are seeking to establish new businesses within the Settle District