from the Old English personal name 'Wincel', and the Old English 'wory' meaning an enclosure
Wigglesworth is a village that lies outside the National Park, on the road between Settle and the Forest of Bowland.
Wigglesworth is mentioned in the Domesday Book (1086) when about 120 acres of it (one caracute) was in
The village has an Inn, a B&B (Cowper Cottage) and a thriving Community Centre.
There are 14 listed buildings within the parish, all of which are Grade II.